- A pourer or drip filter
- 15g coffee beans
- 250ml fresh filtered water
- A pouring kettle
- A paddle
- Filter paper
- A grinder
- A serving jug
Note: for every additional serve please add a further 15g of coffee and 250ml of water. The method and brew time remain the same.
- Boil the kettle.
- Measure out the coffee and grind it to medium/fine.
- Place a sheet of filter paper in the pour over and set it on top of your serving jug.
- Pour a little hot water over the filter paper to wet it (and heat up the jug). Then discard the extra water.
- Spoon the coffee into the filter and tap it gently to level off the grounds.
- Saturate the grounds with 30ml of water, being careful not to pour down the filter edges. You’ll see the grounds ‘bloom’. Wait 30 seconds.
- Continue to slowly spiral pour the remaining 220ml of water.
- Let the coffee finish brewing for around 1-2 minutes, then remove the filter and discard the coffee and filter responsibly.
- Serve, share and enjoy the experience.