- An espresso machine
- 16g coffee beans
- A tamper
- A grinder
- A knock-out box
- A tamp mat
- Take the filter basket out of the machine and wipe it clean, making sure it’s dry.
- Dose your beans, grinding them to extra fine or espresso grind.
- Tamp the coffee into the filter basket with an even pressure. Twist to raise the tamper out, and the grounds should be flat and level. This makes sure all the water passes through the same amount of coffee.
- Press the water button to rinse the group head, then wait for water to stop dripping.
- Insert the filter basket and twist the handle tightly.
- Press the double shot button.
- Perfect espresso should pour slowly and evenly and should take 23-27 seconds.
- Serve straight and enjoy the pure taste.
- Remember to empty the filter basket into the knock-out box, or food waste bin immediately after your espresso is ready.
- Wipe both the filter basket and group head to remove any used grounds. This is important for coffee quality.