- An Aeropress
- 15g coffee beans
- 250ml fresh filtered water
- A pouring kettle
- A paddle or spoon
- Aeropress filter paper
- A grinder
- A timer
Note: for every additional serve please add a further 15g of coffee and 250ml of water. The method and brew time remain the same.
- Boil the kettle.
- Measure the coffee and grind it to medium/fine.
- Place a filter in the cap and pour a little water through it to prepare the filter and to remove the taste of paper.
- Attach the cap with the filter inside it to the bottom of the Aeropress and rest it on top of your mug.
- Add the coffee to the Aeropress chamber, using the funnel if you have it.
- Slowly pour your 250ml of hot water.
- Stir for 10 seconds then insert plunger to create a vacuum, this will stop the coffee dripping. Leave the coffee to brew for 30 seconds.
- Plunge slowly and evenly.
- Savour the flavour.
- To clean up the Aeropress, remove the filter cap and discard the coffee ‘puck’ responsibly.