- 30g coffee beans
- 500ml of fresh filtered water
- A pouring kettle
- Filter paper
- A grinder
- A paddle
- Fill and boil the kettle
- Measure our 30g of coffee and grind to medium/fine.
- Take the filter and fold it in half. Open it out into a cone shape, with three folds on one side and one on the other. Then place the filter paper into the Chemex with the three folds facing the spout.
- Wet the filter paper with hot water to prepare the filter and to remove the taste of paper. Pour out the excess water.
- Spoon the freshly ground coffee into the filter and tap it gently to level the grounds.
- Saturate the grounds with 60ml of water, being careful not to pour water down the filter edges. You should see the coffee ‘bloom’. Wait 30 seconds.
- Continue to slowly spiral pour the remaining 440ml of water over the grounds. Keep the water level in the filter consistent as much possible.
- Allow the coffee to finish brewing for 1-2 minutes, then remove the filter and discard the coffee and filter responsibly.
- Serve in the Chemex and share it in good company.