- 15g coffee beans
- 250ml fresh filtered water
- A grinder
- A paddle (or a spoon)
Note: for every additional serve please add a further 15g of coffee and 250ml of water. The method and brew time remain the same.
- Boil the kettle.
- Heat the cafetière some of the hot water, leave to warm. Boil a little more water if needed.
- Measure 45g of coffee, and grind to medium/coarse.
- Pour away the water from the cafetière and add the ground coffee.
- Pour in 250ml of water then stir.
- Place the lid on top and wait for 4 minutes.
- Take off the lid and skim the grounds off the top with two spoons (the coffee tastes bitter if the grounds are left in). Discard the grounds into food waste if possible.
- Replace the lid and plunge slowly.
- Serve, share and enjoy the flavour.