Lake Atitlán: Single Origin Coffee Beans
Quality score 84
Available in 250g
Grown in the highlands of Guatemala by the banks of Lake Atitlán, the beans for this limited edition, single-origin coffee have been carefully selected for their fuller body and lower acidity – for a true reflection of Japanese coffee culture.
Once harvested, these Rainforest Alliance certified beans are roasted with precision in small batches, using traditional Japanese techniques. Perfect for filter brewing, this is a rare, distinctive, and beautifully balanced premium coffee with milk chocolate, caramel, and blueberry notes.
Our single origin coffee beans are 100% certified by Rainforest Alliance - giving you assurance that your coffee is sourced from sustainable coffee producing communities.
The Rainforest Alliance is an international, non-profit organisation; working to protect forests, help improve the livelihoods of farmers and communities, and tackle climate change.
You can find out more about our sustainability commitments here.
Once your single origin coffee has been ground to a medium-fine grind, we recommend brewing with a V60 - the staple brewing method in many coffee shops across Japan. It’s simple to use and delivers a perfect cup of coffee. For exceptional coffee, we recommend using fresh, filtered water.
Follow these simple steps.
- Place your V60 over a cup or mug
- Insert a filter paper into the V60 and pour over a little hot water to wet the paper (to heat the cup and ensure the flavour isn’t affected), then discard the water
- Add approximately 15g of freshly ground coffee
- Pour around 30ml of freshly boiled water into the coffee until it’s wet all over
- Pause and enjoy the moment for 30 seconds while the coffee ‘blooms’
- Slowly pour in approximately 220ml of water, moving in circles as you pour
- Let the coffee finish brewing and drip through into the cup for around 1-2 minutes
- Remove the filter and the V60 from the cup
- Serve, share, and enjoy your perfectly brewed cup of coffee
We ship our coffee to any address in the UK, including Northern Ireland. At the moment, we are unable to ship outside of the UK.
We use Royal Mail or DPD to carefully deliver our coffee to you.
We believe in fair shipping costs – these are calculated automatically dependent on weight at checkout.
Our standard shipping is Royal Mail 48 hours untracked. Our rates vary dependent on weight. For orders up to 1kg we charge £2.50, for orders over 1kg we charge £2.90.
We offer free shipping on all orders over £20. This will be applied automatically at checkout.
Coffee is a perishable natural product, so we are unable to accept returns on coffee orders. If there has been an error with your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days of your purchase quoting your order number.
For further details on delivery, returns and cancellations please head to our Shipping & Delivery page.